5 feb. 2014

Suicide Sunday

A well-chosen title if I say so myself.

I would like to share my special (and overall busy) day with you. It started on Saturday evening at 18:00 o'clock. Me and my team met eachother at the Amstel station. From there we went driving to the GelreDome in Arnhem. A big party, called Hard Bass, was waiting for us. Partying was not possible for us (oh well .. a bit), but our target was to sell as many icecreams.


The party began at 22:00 and ended at 07:00 in the morning. I was in 'the field' all night, so in company of the loud music (which is totally not my taste!!!) in the background. Background is really soft spoken, though. I wore earplugs in order not to get completely deaf.


Together with my sweet roomie; Daniel

My spot in 'the field' (30.000 people!!)




Now it is true that the famous rockets (called 'raket' in dutch) from OLA sell very well at these parties and I have greatly enjoyed all the nice people who came. You allways hear great stories and make a lot of new friends.

When I was finally finished working it was like 07:30 and we had to clean-up and pack all stuff. Before I really went sleeping it was already 10:30!! Oh my god, what a night..


The day before my best friend asked me to come to Paradiso, because the famous 'Just Debout' took place there.






For those who are not familiar with this:

Juste Debout is an international dance competition with preliminary rounds in various world cities, including Amsterdam, and a grand finale in Paris to an audience of over 20,000 fans. Juste Debout in French means 'just stand' and was formed in 2001 out of the need 'standing' urban dance forms to display. Popping, locking, house dance and hip-hop new style, are shown. More than ten years later, Juste Debout has become the largest dance event in the world.










In this year's competitions the preliminaries are divided in five categories; popping, locking, house, hip hop and experimental. The competition this year was in Paradiso.
The judges of the highest level were: Tatsuo (JP), Jimmy Soul (FR), MarQuest (USA) and Djohar Djidawi (FR).
For me it was the first time to see this kind of battles and really I am so inspired now. All the dancers were awesome. There was a lot of variety in dance styles and there was such a good vibe.













Since I only slept for 3.5 hours, I was very tired, but all the dancers and moves gave me so much energy!! I am already looking forward to the next one. Unfortunately I couldn't stay until the end, because Monday I had to work again and i really needed to get some extra sleep.
I hope you like my pictures and short movies. Here you can see the different kind of styles,  but also the range in dancers (like young, old, girls, boys..).










On the other side I also photographed some people for my street style assignment. Really, ALL people were dressed awesome and inspiring. As I told you before i love the urban streetstyle and where to go if you want to see many people in this style.. YES ofcourse.. these kind of events.
On the Fridays you will see my streetstyle pictures, so stay tuned!





Anybody also went to Just Debout?
X

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen